IAA Conference 2015 Revisions of Modern Aesthetics
June 26-28, 2015. Belgrade, Serbia Call for papers
The University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture and the Society for Aesthetics of Architecture and Visual Arts Serbia (DEAVUS) are pleased to announce the Call for papers for the IAA Conference 2015.
The 2015 Interim meeting of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Aesthetics (IAA) will take place June 26-28 2015 at the amphitheater of the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade. The theme of the Conference is “Revisions of Modern Aesthetics”. We would like to invite all researchers and scholars interested in this topic to participate in the conference with a paper.
One of the important topics of contemporary global culture is the revision of modernism and its corresponding theories, aesthetics and philosophies. That is why we proposed for the Belgrade’s Conference the title “Revisions of Modern Aesthetics”.
Reviewing the history of modernity and especially aesthetic transformations in the 20th century are challenging issues for contemporary society and culture. We live in a world of permanent change; a world of desire to get out of the global crisis into the new world of unexpected modernity. Therefore, the project, research, emancipation and the new are the important questions. Through the paradigmatic models of modernity we will try to construct a theoretical, aesthetic and philosophical platforms for contemporaneity. The concept of the conference is developed in four sessions:
1. Modern Theories of Space and Architecture
The first session deals with the revision, reconstruction and research of modernist theories of space and architecture. The aim is to show the viability of space and architecture in the changing world.
Session chair: Dr. Jale Erzen, professor, Middle East Technical University Faculty of Architecture, Ankara.
2. The Status of Aesthetics Today
The second session deals with questions on the status of contemporary aesthetics that transformed the crisis of modern aesthetics into the expansion of aesthetic thinking, politicization of sensuality and discovering new aesthetic experiences and knowledges.
Session chair: Dr. Ales Erjavec, professor, Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts – Institute of Philosophy at Scientific Research Center, Ljubljana.
3. Contemporary and Medieval Art
The third session, relying on the idea of “historical distance”, indicates a comparison of medieval and modern in arts.
Session chair: Dr. Vladimir Mako, professor, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade.
4. Art and Architecture at the Time of Spectacle and Media
The fourth session enters in the field of the fluidity, uncertainty and phenomenological transformation of the society of global spectacle and media totality.
Session chair: Dr. Misko Suvakovic, professor, University of Arts – Faculty of Music, Belgrade.
The Conference “Revisions of Modern Aesthetics” aims to initiate the discussion from the field of contemporary philosophical and applied aesthetics about who we are today compared to the past in relation to the future. Aesthetics has a right to these fundamental questions.
The contact address for the Conference is email@example.com. Please use this address for submitting your abstract proposal, your paper once its abstract has been accepted, as well as for any inquiries regarding the conference.
www.arh.bg.ac.rs/2014/10/08/iaa-conference-2015-belgrade-revisions-of- mo dern-aesthetics
• Dr. Vladimir Mako, professor, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
• Dr. Misko Suvakovic, professor, University of Arts – Faculty of Music, Belgrade
• Dr. Vladimir Stevanovic, assistant professor, Faculty of Media and Communications, Belgrade
• Dr. Aleksandar Ignjatovic, professor, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
• Dr. Vladan Dokic, professor, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
• Mr. Branko Pavic, professor, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
• Dr. Ales Erjavec, professor, Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts – Institute of Philosophy at Scientific Research Center, Ljubljana
• Dr. Jale Erzen, professor, Middle East Technical University – Faculty of Architecture, Ankara
• Dr. Raffaele Milani, professor, University of Bologna – Institute of research on the cities, Bologna
• Dr. Gao Jianping, professor, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences – Institute of Literature, Beijing
• Dr. Tyrus Miller, professor, University of California – Division of Humanities, Santa Cruz
Paper presentation and publishing
• All submitted papers will be presented during the Conference. More information will follow after paper submission.
• All accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Proceedings book.
• A selection of papers will be published in the Serbian Architectural Journal (www.saj.rs).
• Abstract submission due: March 31, 2015.
• Paper submission due: May 31, 2015.
• Registration fee for participants: May 31, 2015.
• Registration fee for visitors: June 13, 2015.
Conference: June 26-28, 2015.
Tagged under 2015
« 2014-08-15/19 (Kaifeng) International Conference “Literary Theories and Critiques of Our Time”
”2014-09-18/20 (Antwerp) Paul Ricoeur: Thinker of the Margins? »